Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Easter 2009

We have a whole bunch of family in the area, so we needed to spread Easter out over two weekends. It made for a much more relaxed holiday.

For the second year, our church celebrated in one large service at a local high school instead of the usual three services. There were nearly 800 people in attendance, including four generations of my family. We all go to the same church, but different services. It was nice to sit in one long row with my grandmother, aunt, parents, brother, husband and kids. Here's a picture after service:
We then had lunch at my parents' house. Grandma and Grandpa White had just returned from their winter in Florida. I'm not sure what happened to may camera at this point because there are no pictures of this part of our day. So I'll describe it for you...yummy food, lots of laughs, the kids went outside with my dad, golf on tv, games around the kitchen table.

Then we drove to Dave's grandparents' house to spend some time with them. Cousin Joey was there, so being with him seemed to take top priority. We had tasty leftovers for supper and tons of desserts. The kids spent a little more time outside even though it was cold. We were all very sleepy on the ride home.
The next Sunday (Orthodox Easter, by the way) we went to Dave's Dad's house. We were pleasantly surprised that Auntie Amy and Joey could make it to that celebration as well!!! Have you ever tried to play Clue with an 8-year-old, a 5-year-old and a 3-year-old? We grown ups did our best to keep things going and we had fun. The kids kept running up stairs to get more games. They just love playing together so much!!!
In other news, Nicholas has been formally invited to test for his black belt in Tae Kwon Do this October. He started his training classes this week. I think I'm going to have to carb-load him because he's supposed to do each of his fitness requirements (push-ups, crunches, squats, etc.) 100 times every day! He's already so skinny, I can't imagine what he'll look like when he's ripped! What will I put him in for clothes? Do you think I'll get a call from his teacher if I start putting protein drinks in his lunchbox? April 11th he attended a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu seminar where he met and got tips from Renzo Gracie, heir of the Gracie BJJ dynasty and the school under which Nick trains.

No comments: