Saturday Dave was due to fly in from Ft. Lauderdale around 4:30 or 5:00pm. I had to work at 4:00pm. Hmmm. Well...Dave's Dad and Deb had invited us over, so we arranged it that I went to their house with the kids right after lunch. We visited and laughed and played tons of games...the kids' favorite thing to do at Grandpa & D's house. At one point I caught Grandpa and Nick outside and they were standing the EXACT same way. I tried to get a picture of it, but Nick instantly became goofy. I left for work and the kids stayed. I guess they went for walks and played a bit more until D had a GREAT idea. When Dave got to his Dad's house there was no one home. He called cell #'s and eventually tracked them down....at CHUCK E. CHEESE'S!!! The partiers headed back to the house, met up with Dave, ordered pizza and had a great time.
Sunday we were up and out early for church. Nicholas had a birthday party to attend at noon, so Dave took him there. Megan and I headed to The 99 (right across the street from our church) to quickly eat lunch at the bar. Megan liked that. Dave's Mom and Mark were babysitting Joey for the day and they were going to meet us there for lunch. The issue was, Megan and I needed to be at Christmas angel practice. That's why we ate at the bar quickly while the rest of the family got out of their church and drove the 25 minutes to us. While they ordered and ate we could just sit and enjoy a visit without worrying about eating and paying. Then we rushed off to practice.
Here are a few pictures from the weekend adventures. PS: Joey is sitting on a booster seat. He's grown, but not THAT much!
1 comment:
i love eating at the bar, too! fun and full of energy there! :) glad you are all doing well and enjoying the family time.
Post a Comment